Looking for a way to cool off? We have one awesome, fun thing to try. It is called Slinkshot Soakers!!
Madison got this for her 10th birthday and she was so exited to try it out. Now, this is not your average slingshot. This slingshot goes around your feet! That’s right people your feet.
When we got outside, we drew a bulls eye on our fence, pacecd off about 60 feet….. The box said it would go 50 feet, so we figured we could get it to go 60 feet (because we’re crazy, positive like that) Here is our bulls eye………
After a few tries, here it is again. Yep, it is stil dry.
So, we moved up to about 20 feet and gave it another try……. Finally, a hit!!!! So much for crazy, positive thinking!
But then, we decided to stand up and have one person hold on to each end, with one person pulling to release the water bomb. Boom! This worked fantastic. We had tons of fun shooting like this! Then, we had tons of fun just throwing them at each other.
One person even had fun sitting in a bucket of water ??? Don’t judge people, don’t judge. We’ve all had that kid that likes to sit in water buckets, right???
This was fun to try out. The only negative (besides our inability to shoot a slingshot with our feet), is that it only came with 2 sponge bombs. We definetly needed more. I found a great site that shows you how to make sponge bombs of your own. Check out Crazy Adventures in Parenting here, to see how to make your own sponge soakers. She did a great job and it looks like her kids are having a blast.
Want some extra ideas for sponge bomb play?
- the obvious, water balloon fight, except with sponge bombs
- play tag
- set up a bulls eye with chalk and fire away to see who gets closest
- play basketball with your sponges. See how many sponge bombs you can throw into your bucket. Make it harder by taking a step back each time you have reached a goal.
- with a group, play Towel Catch. Two people hold a towel, one at each end, they launch a water bomb at two people who are also holding a towel. They will try to catch it and launch it back.
- With only two people, try using a butterfly or fishing net to catch the water bomb after it has been thrown